As a part of Ponce City Market’s central food hall expansion, the mixed-use space announced the additions of Nani’s Piri Piri Chicken, VIÉTVANA, Umbrella Bar, LaRayia’s Bodega and Spicewalla.
- Nani’s Piri Piri Chicken – From the Chai Pani Restaurant Group, Nani’s Piri Piri Chicken joins sister restaurant Botiwalla at Ponce City Market. Chef and co-owner Meherwan Irani will serve American cuisine and all-natural rotisserie chickens rubbed with house spice blend Piri Piri from Spicewalla. Guests can expect to find an assortment of sides like corn pudding, charred and chilled green beans, and confit potato salad at the counter-service restaurant, plus sandwiches like the Chicken Salad Melt and Nani’s Chicken Burger that come with Piri Piri house chips.
- Spicewalla – Also from the Chai Pani family, comes the first-ever retail space for Spicewalla. Spicewalla offers chefs and home cooks 250+ spices and exclusive blends that are roasted, ground and packed by hand. While Spicewalla’s storefront at Ponce City Market is being built, the spice company’s pop-up kiosk in The Courtyard now offers shoppers spices, cookbook bundles, collaborative pantry goods, merchandise and spice tools.
- VIỆTVANA Phở Noodle House– Currently serving Avondale Estates and Midtown Atlanta with two locations, VIỆTVANA Phở Noodle House, also known as VIỆTVANA, is a Vietnamese restaurant that specializes in phở made with fresh ingredients. Owned by husband-and-wife team Dinh Tran and Khanh Dang, VIỆTVANA’s rice noodles are made fresh in-house daily. Bubble teas and Vietnamese staples like phở, crispy egg rolls, spring rolls, wings and more will round out the menu at Ponce City Market.
- Umbrella Bar – From Poke Burri’s co-founder Seven Chan, Umbrella Bar will serve traditional Korean night market foods with a twist. Guests will be able to enjoy the likes of kimbob, bibimbap, meats on sticks, fried Korean corn dogs and more alongside Korean beers, soju and creative plays on Korean cocktails, like Melona (a South Korean ice pop) slushies. Umbrella Bar will feature two counters with seating and will be connected by an alleyway with colorful umbrellas suspended from the ceiling.
- LaRayia’s Bodega – From founder LaRayia Gaston, LaRayia’s Bodega’s Atlanta location will be a destination where on-the-go guests can grab a healthy and delicious meal any time of day. The fruit- and vegetable-forward menu with Caribbean Puerto Rican influences will feature vegan breakfast items like overnight oats and parfaits, bites like Jamaican Jerk Jackfruit Tacos with mango salsa and Vegan Ceviche, along with hearty vegan comfort foods like chili, cornbread and collard greens. Specials will change throughout the year with items such as soups and salads of the day featuring seasonal produce. In addition to food, guests will be able to purchase branded merchandise.
Nani’s Piri Piri Chicken and LaRayia’s Bodega are currently open. VIÉTVANA is expected to open in December of 2021 while the Umbrella Bar and Spicewalla are slated to open in 2022.