Chef Boyd A. Rose and managing partner Paulo Junior have opened their second location of Secreto Southern Kitchen & Bar in Brookleigh Marketplace.
Rose’s Southern upbringing and the recipes his mother and grandmother made throughout his childhood inspire him to create soul-satisfying meals for his guests. Secreto’s menu highlights his passion for farm-fresh ingredients and includes the following:
• Crab bisque with lump crabmeat, golden sherry, basil oil and grilled ciabatta crostini
• Southern fried chicken with buttermilk mash, garlic green beans and smoked bacon jalapeño gravy
• Pan seared diver scallops with lemon garlic shrimp and asparagus risotto and red wine honey syrup
• Grilled apple brined pork chop with grilled asparagus, smoked bacon jalapeño white cheddar mac and dried cherry port wine pork jus
• Secreto corned beef hash with sunny side up farm fresh egg and redeye gravy
Accompanying the menu of Southern staples is a wine list heavy on selections from small producers in California and Oregon alongside a mixture of French, Spanish and Italian varietals. A variety of fine spirits, liquors and cordials are also available, as well as a rotating selection of new and classic cocktails like Secreto’s Southern Passion.
General manager Stephen Elder leads the front-of-house. Secreto’s chic and inviting environs, which seats 86 guests indoors and an additional 50 outdoors, features dark leather, reclaimed wood paneling and a private dining room that seats 22 people.