The 15th annual Taste of Atlanta is just days away. The city’s can’t-miss food festival, taking place Oct. 21-23 in Midtown at Tech Square, promises a delicious weekend packed with cooking demonstrations, celebrity appearances and bites from more than 90 of Atlanta’s best restaurants. Festival restaurants include The Big Ketch, Jim N’ Nick’s Bar-B-Q, Morelli’s Ice Cream, Max Lager’s and Vingenzo’s.
Taste of Atlanta’s Friday night kickoff party benefits Georgia Organics and features bites from the likes of St. Cecilia, O-Ku, Hampton + Hudson and 20 other top restaurants. The good times roll through the weekend with tasting opportunities from over 90 hometown favorites including Bellwoods Social House, Desta Ethiopian Kitchen, The Pig & The Pearl and more.
One of the biggest draws over the weekend will be the main food stages, where two of Atlanta’s celebrity chefs are holding court. On Saturday, Tregaye Fraser hits the Kitchen Workshop stage to share her culinary journey as the winner of the most recent season of “Food Network Star.” On Sunday, Atlanta native G. Garvin will divulge tips, techniques and tastes on the Chef’s Table stage.
Fraser and Garvin top a list of essential events that includes:
- A barcraft competition in which mixologists vie for the title of Best Bartender
- A celebration of local, seasonal flavors with chef Nick Melvin of Venkman’s and Royal Food Service
- Hands-on cooking tutorials at no extra cost by local chefs at the Kitchen Workshop
- Grilling demonstrations on the Big Green Egg Grilling Stage, hosted by Francine Bryson and “Fatman” Kevin Jenkins of “Chef and the Fatman”
- A foodie extravaganza silent auction benefitting Open Hand, which provides comprehensive nutrition care for those dealing with chronic conditions
For the ultimate in ATL bites and bevs, the VIP Grand Tasting Experience grants exclusive access to even more restaurants, including King + Duke and Southern Art and Bourbon Bar, as well as the most extensive selection of more than 180 craft beers and wines from Three Taverns Brewery, Orpheus Brewing, SweetWater Brewing Company, Monday Night Brewing, New Belgium and many more, curated by the local experts at Hop City.